Over the past decade, hundreds of community residents have volunteered to do everything from tutoring children to gardening to refinishing woodwork in the building. Each year, more than 120 local residents volunteer their time to serve on our board and committees, work in the library, or assist in the after-school or summer programs.
These volunteers are crucial to our organization both because of the hard work they do and because their presence strengthens the VLP as a true nexus of the community. Check out a recent review we received from a long-time volunteer at Great Nonprofits, where we are a top-rated organization!
Current/Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities:
- Special Events Volunteers
- Library Volunteers
- LINK After School
- LINK Reading Intervention Volunteer
- Garden Committee
- Garden Volunteer
- Adult Education Program Volunteer
- LINK Summer Classroom Volunteer
The Village Learning Place also invites you to explore the opportunities we have to volunteer as a part of one of our committees. Please click here to learn more about committee participation!
Volunteer Noodle Wranglers at Spaghetti Disco XIV take a well-deserved break.
Application, Interview, and Orientation Process
VLP volunteers (except one-time volunteers for special events or projects) will fulfill the following process in order to be placed as a volunteer:
- An individual or group expresses interest in volunteering at the VLP on a regular basis and completes a volunteer application.
- A phone or in-person interview is completed with the potential volunteer and the volunteer coordinator.
- The volunteer will attend an orientation session with the volunteer coordinator. The volunteer will examine the position descriptions, policy and procedure manual, and sign an authorization form for the VLP to complete a background check.
- If the VLP and volunteer believe they are a good match for one another, the volunteer coordinator will run a background check on the volunteer and contact the volunteer’s references.
- If there is a positive outcome of Step 3, the volunteer coordinator will place the volunteer and arrange a training start date.
To apply, please complete and submit a Volunteer Application and Background check form through email, regular mail, or by dropping it off in person at the library. Applications are accepted year-round and will remain on file. Volunteer applicants will be contacted when a position opens that matches their ability, skills, and interests.
If you would like more information about our volunteering program, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org