The Village Learning Place (VLP) seeks staff members who are highly qualified, dynamic, and innovative. The VLP is a community organization comprised of staff, volunteers, and Board members that strive to encompass four core principles that define our actions, identify our partners, and realize how we connect to the community at large: commitment, compassion, honesty, and patience.
The Village Learning Place looks for individuals to join our team who actively exhibit the core principles of the organization.
A VLP teacher and student share a moment outside
The organization offers benefits including:
- Competitive salary dependent upon relevant skills and qualifications
- Medical benefits from CareFirst (both POS and HMO, including prescription and dental)
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Full-time staff average up to 80 hours of professional development each year (compared to industry average of 40 hours/year)
- Flexible work schedule
- Collaborative and committed culture
- Family-friendly environment
- Casual work environment
- Free parking
- No-fine, no-time-limit book borrowing