LINK Leaders Summer
Virtual for 2021 + Friday Field Trips
LINK Leaders Summer (7th+ grade) programs will be fully virtual in 2021 (with the exception of Friday field trips) and will run for 6 weeks from June 28 to August 6. In order to ensure equitable access to programming, we are designing 3 learning pathways – Online interactive sessions, pre-recorded static workshops, & No Tech track (without worksheets).
June 28, 2021 – August 6, 2021 (Virtual) + Friday Field Trips
Online Interactive Learning for LINK Leaders Includes
- Four days each week (Mo-Th) for 1 hour each morning (11am-Noon) and 2 hours each afternoon (1pm-3pm); additional enrichment sessions may be scheduled for late afternoon or evenings based upon facilitator availability
- One-hour lunch break (Mo-Th, 12-1pm) will be monitored by staff and open for students’ online socializing with their LINK friends
- Opportunity for virtual Service Learning Project; students may earn 25 hours of service learning
- Opportunity to earn up to $200 stipend for participating in College and Career Skill Builders
- Enrichment Sessions will include STEM explorations, art, music, movement breaks, cooking demonstrations, and lots more virtual learning & fun
- Special theme days such as crazy hat day, PJ party, or tie-dye to engage students
- Supply box with materials
- Full access to Pre-Recorded Workshops on VLP website and At-Home activities
To enroll in LINK Leaders Summer at the Village Learning Place, you must complete an application and attend a mandatory family orientation. Priority enrollment for BCPS students.
To complete the online application, click here. [Link is broken.]
A parent/caregiver or an emergency contact (18 years or older) MUST attend the mandatory LINK Leaders Family Orientation.
The Village Learning Place (VLP) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program.