Thanks to the support of The John J. Leidy Foundation, we are able to provide our patrons with the convenience of an online library catalog, powered by Koha. Click this link to log onto the Village Learning Place’s web-based library catalog.
With the online catalog, you can:
- Access our catalog (with an internet connection), anytime, anywhere
- Reserve books from the comfort of your home
- Keep track of the books you've read and maintain lists of books you would like to read
- Send us suggestions for books you would like to see added to our collection and view our wish lists
Frequently Asked Questions
- Use a keyword search as you would on Amazon or Google: type in as much of the information as you know, including words in titles, authors and/or subjects.
- Use the search drop-down box to limit your search to title, author, subject, etc.
- Or use the Advanced Search and/or Browse by Subject to limit results by item types or particular collections.
Once you are logged into your account, click ’change my password,’ located on the left side of the screen. You will be prompted to change your password. When you are finished, be sure to click ‘submit changes.’
Once you are logged into your account, search for the book, using the above-mentioned searching instructions. Place a checkmark in the box beside the title by clicking once in the box. Click ‘place hold.’ A confirmation screen will appear. Click ‘place hold’ to confirm your request. Be sure that your e-mail address is correct in our system. You can check this by clicking ‘my personal details’ on the left side of the screen. You will receive an e-mail, notifying you when your book is available for pick-up.
Once you are logged into your account, click ‘my personal details,’ on the left side of the screen. When you are finished making the necessary changes to your information, click ‘Submit changes,’ located on the bottom, right side of the screen. Submitting the form will automatically notify a library staff member, who will make the changes permanent.
Contact a library staff member! You can reach us at (410) 235-2210, ext. 0 or e-mail us at VLPnews@villagelearningplace.org. You can also stop by and visit us at the circulation desk!
Yes! Books may be renewed up to two times, using your online account. Once you are logged into your account, click on ‘my summary,’ located on the left side of the screen. From here, you will be able to view the books that are currently checked out in your account. Assuming you have renewable books, you can click ‘Renew’ to renew individual titles, or you can click ‘Renew All’ to renew all of the books that are currently checked out in your account.