Bringing Our Community Back Together!
The Village Learning Place is a community library & neighborhood resource, and throughout COVID we have taken a community approach to care for one another. The VLP will continue COVID-19 protocols, requiring health screenings and masks for all patrons, students, and staff. VLP will continue to follow guidance from Baltimore City Schools’ protocols and testing.
The VLP and our community partners will be hosting vaccine clinics in the coming weeks and months. Check our website regularly for updates about upcoming clinic dates.
The VLP has prioritized safety while also continuing to provide meaningful services to our community. Amidst the various transitional phases of COVID safety protocols this past year, we have stayed steadfast in serving our neighbors as a valued neighborhood vaccination site.
Please continue to be safe and happy this new year!
COVID-19 Vaccine Information and Age Requirements
- Everyone ages 5 and older can get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- COVID-19 vaccines are effective at helping protect against severe disease and death from the virus that causes COVID-19, including known variants currently circulating (e.g., Delta variant).
- The benefits of COVID-19 vaccination outweigh the known and potential risks, which are rare.
- As with other routine vaccines, side effects may occur after vaccination. These are normal and should go away within a few days.
- People who are fully vaccinated can resume many activities they did before the pandemic. However, people should wear a mask indoors in public if they are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
- If you received a Pfizer-BioNTech (ages 12 and older) or Moderna (ages 18 and older) mRNA COVID-19 vaccine primary series and have a moderately to severely compromised immune system, you should receive an additional primary dose of the same mRNA COVID-19 vaccine at least 28 days after the second dose.
- Everyone ages 18 years and older who is fully vaccinated is eligible to receive a booster shot.
- Unlike many medications, COVID-19 vaccine dosage does not vary by patient weight but by age on the day of vaccination.
- People can get a COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccines, including flu vaccine, at the same time.
If you have any questions about the vaccine before registering or before arriving to your appointment, please visit CDC.gov for more information.